Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yay for Optimism

Ok so I get IMs from someone alot that's basically just flaming me for stupid reasons. One person in particular has constantly called me emo and gay and such. Which makes her seem really stupid, no? I laugh when I read those IMs, really! They actually make my day. See what I've been doing is replying to them with optimism. I realize they might not believe that they're feeble attempts of upseting me *gasp* actually didn't work. Which is why I find them funny. I got one from someone different today. I guess people just love making me laugh heehee :)

Anyhow the other person always "assaulted" me in person until they got my screenname. But the new person didn't really do that, she insulted everyone haha. Except she aways said "Just kidding, just kidding" all serious like, liek she didn't want them mad. I remember some people pretended to be angry just to see what she'd do. Ha. Yea anyway... I was thinking, you know, she'd NEVER say that in real life, seriously. Just proves that thing people say, you know those anti-bullying things they show in elementary school and stuff? That people bully on the internet more than face-to-face.

Anywho, I took a screenshot of the IM conversation just to show you how I handle it, haha. Link below. And true to my word at the very start of blog, like the first post I think, I covered up my attackers screenname. But I didn't cover mine cause I was lazy heheh, but I don't care if you IM me just don't spam or flame (cause I won't care and won't fuel the flame)

Clicky clicky for the picture :P

Yea she said some random things. Ok so I was updating my status message like five seconds ago and got the words I needed to describe these attempts. Immature. Ok one word but still, let me explain.

It's immature because they don't have proof or a reason to back up the barely worded jabs at me and my personality. Like the first girl I was talking about, she calls me emo but really, what is emo? Emo is a style of music, being abreviated from emotion or emotional. But all music should be emotional, if it's not, it er.. well it sucks haha. But it mostly means very depressed lyrics, singing about the sadness of one's life or an event that happened or a mistake they made that made them emotionaly unstable. It doesn't always have to be slow to be classified as the "emo" genre, it's the lyrics that matter.

Now, I haven't had the time to look up the lyrics for The Fall of Troy's F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. but if what my brother says is true, it's a song of the emo genre.

It's kinda stupid to fling around words what knowing what they mean :P But there is a slang word for it, which USED to be a style of clothing. But it's having a fringe covering your eye, wearing a dark shirt of some sort (band tees too) and jeans. And I don't know if the pictures I see online and stuff that have that "emo" look to them are like people trying to be "emo" or if they really are "emo"

Now I think some people fake it to get attention but other people are actually depressed or very emotional, and people go and lable them, shun them, and make fun of them. Yea that's sure to boost their self consciousnes. Way to go society! Woo!

Can you sense my sarcasm? -.-

Now I won't go on a rant about why society often sucks and is also destroying our planet, because this was an entry on optimism and flaming, not my eco-crazed persona.

Heehee!
-Amy-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not been able to read your blog in a while, but I have to say I think you handled this person very well. There are so many shallow people in this world. I think the best thing is to do exactly what you did.

-Dem

Anonymous said...

Good job. ;) I know I'm late on this one...but you did the right thing.